Our team includes chefs, scientists, engineers, and salespeople with decades of experience in the food and agriculture industry. Making better meat is our mission, and that starts with bringing together experts in both animal and plant protein to build a more sustainable food system.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we welcome .
In addition to being our CEO, Paul is the author of the national bestseller, Clean Meat: How Growing Meat Without Animals Will Revolutionize Dinner and the World, and the host of the Business For Good Podcast. A four-time TEDx speaker, he has twenty years of experience as a nonprofit executive and has published more than a hundred articles on food sustainability, from daily newspapers to academic journals. In addition, of course, to his wife Toni and their very friendly pit bull Eddie, he’s an avid lover of three As: animals, astronomy, and athletics.
Doni's driving passion in life is to use the power of business to help solve social problems. Before serving as our Senior Vice President, as VP of Operations of Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley and Northern Nevada, Doni worked to help people with disadvantages achieve self-sufficiency. By the end of her nine years at Goodwill, she was managing operations for $10 million in annual revenue and oversaw a team of 250 employees. She earned her MBA from California State University, during which time she also served as a career mentor for Women's Empowerment, an organization helping homeless women gain meaningful employment. In her spare time, Doni reads Spanish literature, hikes with her dog Penny Lane, and, as her dog's name implies, loves listening to The Beatles.
CEO of The Better Meat Co.
- Former CEO of Hain Celestial Canada
- Former CEO of Cultivate Ventures
- Chairperson, Food & Consumer Products of Canada
- Chairperson, Plant Based Foods of Canada
- CEO of The Supreme Cannabis Company
- Formerly worked in new car design at Ford Motors; now at NASA for over 20 years
- Chief Engineer for the U.S.‘s contribution to Europe’s first Mars rover (2022 launch)
- Early Better Meat Co. investor
- Director, Wright Institute
- Expert in psychology of dietary change
- Founder, Bay Area Plant Based Professionals
- Managing Partner, Green Circle Capital (focused solely on food & beverage)
- Investment professional since 1990 at Paine Webber (now UBS) & Oppenheimer & Co.
- Former CEO of Snow, a natural soda company
Director of Capabilities
VP of R&D
Hickman’s Family Farms
President of Protein Products & Sustainability
Golden State Foods
UC-Davis ADVANCE Program
Retired entrepreneur CEO & CPA
Co-Founder of Sweet Farm, Gaming Executive, Venture Investor